Wednesday, November 4, 2009

L4D2 Coming to a Store Near You This November!!

Alright. So, hello out there to all you Left 4 Dead fans. This is grand maestro Busted Kneecap/Enigmatic Banana and/or Louis. It seems to me that we'll be expecting the new release of a new videogame that is rumored to be quite amazing. Well, I for one know that I'll sure be playing it on the day that it's released. Why, you might ask? Why the heck not?!! It's freaking L4D2, man!!

I had really intended to do this earlier as a fancy schmancy little shout-out to all my equally, but not quite as pwnsome, killing spree videogame genre fans. What do you call a day without Resident Evil? A day without Left 4 Dead? A day without Assassin's Creed? A day without...The Godfather?? Well, my friend, I would rather not know. For, if a day such as this ever presents itself to the world, my faith in humanity will be lost. Where, oh where, has the meaning of life gone? Hah. Yeah.

So hey. I believe I am entitled to vaguely talk about a few other equally as awesome games in this post, no? All this L4D speak is getting my videogame blood boiling!

Hm, so I happened upon something rather awesome just a few minutes back. Care to take a gander? And no, I'm not referring to geese here, people. This here clock below:

For those of you who haven't played the more primitive of the Resident Evil series, I really suggest that you do. Well...Code Veronica can sortof be bypassed, if you prefer. I found the controls for it to be rather frustrating at times, but played through it anyhow (hah, woe is me). Anyways, Resident Evil: Outbreak and Resident Evil: Outbreak File#2 are both very good games, in my opinion. See, you've got (i)Alyssa Ashcroft, The Daily Raccoon's loyal journalist (and my least favourite character by far) who is only useful on the front that she has a device to pick locks. Then we have (ii)George Hamilton, an excellent surgeon who works at Raccoon General Hospital (or did work, I should say) and is helpful in gameplay due to his ability to make medicines. Next is (iv)Cindy Lennox, a waitress at J's bar who comes in handy in that she can heal with herbs, which she has an abundance of. (v)David King, who happens to be a plumber of few words. In Outbreak, I always play as David, for he is magnificent and can create weapons such as hammers, wooden poles, electric rods and a few other deliciously dangerous things. He can also throw monkey wrenches as projectiles and use his handy dandy knife in close-quarters combat. (vii)Yoko Suzuki. Yup. There's always a stereotypical schoolgirl (university, in this case) in these older games with a stereotypical name. I don't really mind Yoko, per se, but she can sometimes get on my nerves. It's good to have her around though, as she can carry extra items. (viii)Jim Chapman, a subway station employee. His usefulness? Well, let's think of Left 4 Dead for a moment here. Need help? You sure better hope that your other partner is a good one, because you won't be getting any help from this guy. He'll either play dead, fooling the zombies, or run off into the obscure distance and leave you to die a lonely, painful death. Don't care so much for him, no. (x)Mark Wilkins, who is your friendly old security man. At the young age of 52, he can beat the living daylights out of anything with the best of 'em. Except maybe zombie elephants, which we come across in File #2. He always starts off with a high-damage gun which is better than most regular handguns. If you're scared of starting off a scenario in fear of instant death, because you're probably a nub, pick Mark to be your partner. You shall not be disappointed. And finally, we come to (xii)Kevin Ryman, who is a Raccoon Police Officer! He's pretty good with guns, and carries his favourite Colt M1911, I believe it is. He'll always be nearby, so never fear!

And thus is my L4D update, along with a nice little summary of REO characters. There's five scenarios in each Outbreak file, so I suggest, if you can manage to find REO second-hand somewhere, do spend the small amount of cash to pick yourself up a copy. It provides for good entertainment, as there's a mysterious cold-blooded killer, zombie elephants, hornets the size of your torso, and many other fantastic features for you to enjoy, including the ability to request items and use the ad-lib function that allows you to talk to your partners. Well! I think I've just about finished my little spiel, so do enjoy the rest of your morning, afternoon, and/or evening.

P.S.- Capcom, if you're listening, I believe you owe me some money for the publicity I've provided your out of print videogames XD

No comments:

Post a Comment