Thursday, September 24, 2009

Making a List, and...Checking it Twice?

The topic of this list is '3 Reasons Why I Can't Write Under Pressure'. Indeed, it's quite true. I always have issues thinking about what I should write about, and then when I check the time, I usually only have about a half hour left to rush through the entire thing once I start. So, here we go!

Reason 1: The first reason why I can't write under pressure is obviously because I lack the ability to quickly choose a topic from the many ideas floating around in my head. You see, some days are worse than others for this. As I said above, I usually end up brooding over a certain topic, try to write about it for roughly ten minutes, then decide that I cannot conjure up anything else to say about the topic and start all over again. This is quite a regular occurence, as this topic is in fact my fifth.
Reason 2: Although I do have a frequent lack of topic choosing skills, I also have the problem of writer's block and a rather irritating chronic fatigue issue which disallows me to write a proper essay and/or paragraph. At some point, during the writing process, I will have such a great idea that it will sprout magical pony wings, squirm its way out of my skull, then proceed to fly frantically for its imaginary life. Soon after, I'll be stuck thinking "Okay, sweet. So now that I have a half page written about a topic that I forgot and can no longer think of anything to write, why don't I start speaking in tongues? He sees the it then who cows cheese eat eye socks....."
Reason 3: To end off this rather insightful rant, I've decided to let the world know that I have a condition. Yes. It is quite serious. My condition is called 'lack-of-confidence-initis'. This condition is rather hard to deal with, on the front that, for example: Let's say my name is Bee Fee Cahw. One day, I, Bee Fee, decide to write a book. This one book is a rather short novel, as so it can be written in one day, but that's beside the point. Due to my lack-of-confidence-initis, I would most likely decide that this book of mine is a terrible literary work, and would proceed to throw it into a nearby fire. Of course, after this, I would dwell on how bad the book was and probably ruin everyone's day with the fact. With all my written works, I, Bee Fee Cahw, have taken an exponential to the power of 10x2(5-3)+c amount of time to complete any written assignments.
Thus, ladies and gentlemen, I do have quite a problem with writing under pressure. In saying so, I hope that this rant-ish list has provided you with great insight into the world that is my writing strife. I believe I see that idea adorned with magical pony wings floating above your head over there...

No comments:

Post a Comment